Surrounded by breathtaking sand dunes, sunny blue skies, white sand and crystal clear waters, lies UAE’s capital Abu Dhabi. It is the largest city of UAE and the second most populous city after Dubai. Here is our recommended best places to visit in Abu Dhabi.
1. Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
Located on Yas Island, lies the a top notch abu dhabi attraction known as the Ferrari world. Ferrari World is the world’s first and the largest Ferrari theme park with many exciting tourist attractions for everyone.
- Viaggio in Italia – Giant Dome Projection of Italy
- Speed of magic – 4D Fantasy Dreamscape
- Junior GT – Junior Pilot’s Driving School
- Junior Grand Prix – Junior Pilot’s Racing School
- Formula Rossa – F1™ Cockpit Themed Roller-Coaster
- Scuderia Challenge – Race on the Edge
- Bronze – unlimited access to park and AED 5 merchandise vouchers
- Adult AED 250
- Junior AED 205
- Silver – (unlimited access to park, AED 10 merchandise vouchers and 3 fast passes)
- Adult AED 350
- Junior AED 305
- Gold – (unlimited access to park, AED 15 merchandise vouchers and unlimited fast passes plus priority seating)
- Adult AED 500
- Junior AED 415
- Rides – 7 days a week: 11am – 8pm
- Ferrari Store – 7 days a week : 10:15am – 8pm
2. Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque
Glory of Abu Dhabi; The Sheikh Zayed Mosque is among the top abu dhabi attractions and it is truly a work of art. It possesses the world’s largest hand woven Persian carpet and the largest chandelier along with Swarovski crystal chandeliers. The marble panels engraved with semi-precious stones, and 24 carat gold.
- Walk in Tours
- Sunday to Thursday – 10:00 am, 11:00 am and 5:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am, 11:00 am, 2:00 pm and 5:00 pm
- Friday: 5:00 pm and 7:00 pm
3. Abu Dhabi Mall
The Abu Dhabi mall is one of the largest malls in Abu Dhabi. It is connected tthe 5-star Beach Rotana Hotel and covers an area of 200,000sq feet. The mall offers mid-range texpensive shopping and comprises more than 200 stores.
- Watch Movies
- Play Area for Children (Fun City and Kidoos)
4. Emirates Park Zoo
The zoo is surrounded with over 1700 animals including a pair of white tigers, a 31 year old Siberian bear, lions, tigers, cheetahs, zebras, giraffes, and elephants. It is one of the most popular points of interest among the tourist.
- Elephant Encounter – feed the two Indian female elephants; Madu and Rada
- Sea Lion Show – a 20 minute entertaining show with a chance to interact with South African Fur Seal
- Bird of Prey – enjoy different species of birds that hunt and feed themselves
- Giraffe Feeding – experience wild life and nature by feeding 4 reticulated giraffes
- Magic Show – watch mind boggling human magic show
- Azonto Drum and Dance – have a glimpse of African dance performance and learn to dance their way
- Reptiles and Amphibians – watch 2 Nile Crocodiles be fed every Friday at 4pm.
- Educational Programs – educate yourself with expert lectures, special activities for children and adults
- Single 1-Day Pass
- Adult – 30 AED, Child (2 – 5 Years) – 20 AED
- Group Entry
- (10+) – 2 Tickets Free
- (15+) – 3 Tickets Free (20+) – 4 Tickets Free
- Elephant Experience – 25 AED
- Sea Lion Show – 25 AED
- Horse / Pony / Camel Rides – 10 AED
- Open every day of the year, including all holidays.
- Sunday – Wednesday: 9am – 9:00pm
- Thursday – Saturday & Public Holidays: 9am – 9:00pm
5. The Emirates Palace Hotel
This wonderful, seven-star luxury hotel is equipped with a luxurious lobby, which is mostly gold platted and decorated with mosaic tiled domes and Swarovski crystal chandeliers. The hotel includes 100 hectares of landscaped gardens, sports facilities and a private beach.
- 1. At the hotel:
- Dine – experience divine cuisine at any one of our 14 Emirates Palace restaurants, cafes, lounges and bars.
- Luxury Spa – sit back, relax, escape the limits of time and allow yourself to get pampered
- 2. Nearby:
- The Yellow Boats – have a fun-filled ride on a boat and enjoy the best sightseeing experience
- The Marina Mall – Shop till you drop
6. Heritage Village
Located near a beach area of the city, Abu Dhabi’s Heritage Village is a genuine replica of a typical Bedouin campsite. It’s a pleasant and amusing place to stroll. Here you can observe tents, courtyard houses and walk through the souvenir shops where you’ll find authentic pottery and exotic spices.
- Look around the Heritage Museum
- Drink famous Arabian tea
- Appreciate artisans exhibiting local arts like weaving and glass blowing
- Shop at traditional souk- buy souvenirs such as handmade soap, silver jewelry and traditional clothing
- Dine at traditional Arabic restaurant
- Explore traditional functional falaj irrigation system
- Relax yourself at the sand beach and turquoise waters and enjoy the view of skyscrapers
- Entrance is free
- Saturday -Thursday 8am-1pm and 5pm-9pm
- Fris- 5pm-9pm
7. Yas Water world
Yas Water world is among the top attractions in abu dhabi. It is UAE’s first enormous water park, offering 43 rides and attractions. An exclusive and unique experience which features traditional Emirati pearl diving, an interactive Treasure Hunt game and world’s first hydro-magnetic-powered tornado water-slide.
- Rush Rider – an endless sheet wave brings SoCal-style fun in the sun to experience flow boarding and surfing
- Bubble Barrel– surf on world’s largest surf-able sheet
- Dawwama – The world’s most exhilarating 20m high tornado ride to give you immense fun
- Jebel Drop – Dare to indulge in most adventurous monstrous drop
- PearlMasters Treasure Hunt – search for lost treasures, interact with magical creatures, fire water cannons and solve ancient puzzles
- Cabanas – rent a 4 o 6 person cabana and enjoy VIP service
- All day pass
- Bronze – Free AED 5 merchandise voucher
- 1.1m tall & above AED 240
- below 1.1m AED 195
- Silver – Free AED 10 merchandise voucher, 3 fast passes and 3 exclusive gift passes
- 1.1m tall & above AED 340
- below 1.1m AED 295
- Gold – Free AED 15 merchandise voucher, unlimited fast passes and free souvenir towel
- 1.1m tall & above AED 460
- below 1.1m AED 415
- Bronze – Free AED 5 merchandise voucher
- Friday till Wednesday 10 am – 7 pm
- Thursday 10am-5pm re-opens from 6pm-11pm for Ladies Night
8. Dhow Cruising
Dhow cruising in Abu Dhabi is the conventional way of sightseeing the sparkling blue Gulf waters and numerous islands scattered around the city. It is very popular amoung the visitors and considered as one of the top tourist spots in Abu Dhabi.
- Sightseeing – enjoy the breathtaking sights of Abu Dhabi in all its glory while onboard the cruise.
- Dine – feast on the extravagance of a 4-course meal on a traditional double-decker wooden Dhow
- Relax – appreciate the romance of the seas from the upper deck under starry night
- Dinner Cruise Price
- Adult – AED 200
- Child – AED 120
- Lunch Cruise Price
- Adult – AED 160
- Child – AED 100
Note: Minimum 15 persons required, Private boat charge AED 1000 per hour extra
- Valentine Cruise Price
- Adult – AED 365
- Child – AED 200
- Lunch – 12pm to 4 pm
- Dinner – 7 pm to 11 pm
9. Yas Island
One of Abu Dhabi’s best luxury and extravagant hotel destinations, this Island offers many leisure and relaxation facilities.
- Yas Marina Circuit– It is the most exciting sporting and entertainment multi-purpose venue. It is home to the annual FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX and much more
- Yas Water World – UAE’s first enormous water park with unlimited fun and adventure
- Yas Beach – set on the peaceful coast of Yas Island in the midst of an retreat of sun, sea and sand
- Cruising – Explore the beautiful Smmaliyah Island and mangroves on an exciting cruise trip
- Seawings Water Plane – Jet straight out of Yas Marina on a Seawings water plane, and fly high above the Island and all of its attractions.
- Shop at Sat Market – buy local handicrafts and goods from vendors
- Burlesque Restaurant and Lounge – Indulge in a unique dining concept that combines an extravaganza of live entertainment and scrumptious food all at one place
10. Arabian Wildlife Park
Also located on Yas Island, this wildlife park places importance on animal conservation and welfare by shielding more than 10,000 free roaming animals under the park’s premises
- Wild Animals – interact with wild animals including giraffes in a purpose built platform
- Walk – take a walk on the island with number of animals around you
- 4×4 Drive -get adventurous and visit the island on 4×4 with expert staff
- Horse Riding – Ride at the back of a horse and explore the island
- Mountain Biking -explore the mountains of the island on a bike
11. Abu Dhabi Falcon Hospital – Maarten Danial
The Abu Dhabi Falcon Hospital focuses on falcon care and related services. It is one of the principal and advanced falcon hospitals in the world.
- Museum -visit the exclusive falconry museum where you can learn the customary heritage of falconry and explore distinctive falconry tools and equipment.
- Examination Room – see the precious birds getting pedicures and feather repairs!
- Hospital – see hospital’s free flight aviary and observe the royal creatures
- Photograph – make a falcon sit on your arm and get a picture
- 5 to 9 years – 60 AED
- 10+ years – 170 AED
- 5 to 9 years – 80 AED
- 10+ years – 220 AED
- Sunday – Thursday 10am & 2pm
- Saturday – 10am
Note: All tours have to be booked in advance
12. Marina Mall
Located at the heart of Abu Dhabi, Marina mall is a very modern shopping mall and is known as the most popular mall of the Abu Dhabi.
- Shop – Shop till you drop in any of the 400 stores
- Watch Movies – watch latest movies in state of the art VOX Cinemas
- Ice Rink – make your ‘ice-skating in the desert’ dream come true!
- Fun City -get your kids entertained with number of rides and activities
- Emirates Bowling Village – Bowl, play billiard or have extreme fun with network gaming!
- Eat – Grab a snack or dine in any of the restaurants
- Ice Rink –
- 1 Hour Session – AED 40
- Locker Rent – AED 5
- Gloves – AED 10
- EMV – Billiard AED 40/hour
- VOX Cinema – AED 40 to AED 90
- Ice Rink and Stores –
- Saturday – Wednesday 10:00 am -10:00 pm
- Thursday 10:00 am- 11:00 pm
- Friday 02:00 pm- 11:00 pm
- Fun City
- Saturday – Wednesday 10:00 am -11:00 pm
- Thursday 10:00 am- 12:00 midnight
- Friday 10:00 am- 10:00pm
- Bowling Village – Everyday – 10:00 am to 02:30 am
13. Liwa Oasis
Located in the south of Abu Dhabi, the gorgeous Liwa Oasis is a good break from the city. The oasis is noted for its date farming and one of the largest sand dunes in the world. It is a must visit attraction for those wanting to ride dune buggies, sand surfing or camel riding and trailing.
Every July a large area of air conditioned tents are set up for the festival, where hundreds of different types of dates are available for sale along with traditional handicrafts. Date judging and different types of shows take place here.
- Sheikh Hamad Auto Museum: explore variety of cars from all over the world ranging from an 1890 Ford to the yellow cab from New York!
- Qasr Al Sarab Resort: be a guest of most luxurious resort and enjoy the wonderful experience
- Liwa Forts: have a glimpse of historical forts that portray Arabic culture
- Moreeb Dune: enjoy the landscape and scenic views at the peak of Moreeb Dune, or if you love adventure then attend the yearly 4×4 event
- Liwa Date Festival: taste different types of dates in the yearly date festival
14. Observation Deck
Presenting skyline views from the Jumeirah Etihad Towers Hotel, this happens to be the highest point in the city. The observation deck offers unbeatable views of Abu Dhabi’s cityscape and the surrounding islands.
- High Tea – have high-tea on top of the world!
- Enjoy the View – enjoy city’s highest point, admire the view and city’s skyline
- Entrance: AED 75 (AED 50 redeemable against food and beverage)
- Afternoon High-Tea: AED 175
- Daily – 10 am to 6pm
- Afternoon High Tea – 2pm to 5pm
15. The Women’s Craft Centre
The Women’s Craft Centre is a good place for visitors to see local women demonstrating traditional skills such as weaving, embroidery and basketry. It’s an excellent place to pick up remarkable, traditional and authentic souvenirs that support these women. You’ll find Shawls, slippers, bags, carpets, textiles, trays and baskets here and you can ask for a henna tattoo.
- Shop – buy hand-made items like shawls, slippers, bags, souvenirs, carpets, textiles, trays etc
- Visit – see and admire local women’s traditional skills such as weaving, embroidery and basketry
- Get a Tattoo – get a henna tattoo which will last for around 2 weeks
- AED 5
- Sunday to Thursday 7am-3pm
16. Sheikh Khalifa Park
You will find Sheikh Khalifa Park an ideal place in Abu Dhabi for relaxation, fun and entertainment. The park has lot on offer to all types of visitors.
- Relax – calm yourself around landscaped grand avenue, fountains, lakes and waterfalls, leaving hustle bustle of the city behind
- Train Ride – take a train ride to explore the park
- Museum – visit the museum get familiar with interesting facts about Abu Dhabi
- Bikes – explore the park on bikes for free!
- Free Styling – Jog, play, walk or run, do whatever you please in the spacious park
- Marjan Splash Park – have unlimited fun with water in the Splash Park
- Library – Simply read books
- Aquarium – visit the aquarium and explore aquatic life
- Barbeque Site – do the barbeque!
- Entrance – AED 1 (10 years+)
- Train ride – AED 2
- Museum – AED 3
- Splash Park – AED 40
17. The Corniche
The Corniche, along Abu Dhabi’s waterfront, features elegant walkways used by walkers, joggers and cyclists. This scenic area of the city is well known for its fountains and architecturally modern buildings facing the sea.
- Free Styling – Jog, walk, play, cycle, sit or run, do whatever you please to enjoy the bind blowing view
- Paddle Power – pick a cycle from mountain bicycles to city bikes and get set go!
- Flower Garden – have a glimpse of beautiful flowers of different kinds
- Have a dinner at Dhow – enjoy a ride on a traditional dhow to experience the changing views of the picturesque sky
- Beat the heat – get into water and get rid of the heat
- Beach Entrance is free
- Cycle Rent – starts from AED 30 (adults) and AED 20 (children)
- Voucher Booklet with 12 hours cycling AED 250
18. Saadiyat Island
Saadiyat Island also known as the ‘Island of Happiness’, is a comprehensive island destination that offers a great variety of attractions for many people. This island is a magnet for art fans as it has branches of the Louvre and Guggenheim museums, as well as a performing arts complex.It is the home of dazzling architectural emblem; an immaculate beachfront and a central point for sporting experiences.
- Museum – visit the Louvre and Guggenheim museums, as well as a performing arts complex
- Golf Club – Indulge yourself in the Arabian Gulf’s first beachfront golf course
- Beach Club – immerse in the pleasures of The Spa with its jacuzzis, steam rooms, saunas and plunge pools.
- Dine – from fine-dining to casual café’s, there is the luxury of choice available to all.
- Manarat Al Saadiyat – check out international cultural and art exhibitions